Created in Adobe Photoshop 7.0 CE
This is a very simple tutorial.
I usually use this technique when I have some space in my icon and I don't know what to do with it. This is how it works:
1. Start from cropping the image and creating the base.
2. Duplicate the layer and set to Soft Light.
3. Copy the whole icon in the new 100x100 file.
4. Reduce it to dimensions 25x25 px.
5. Create new file that has dimensions 35x35 px and fill the background with white.
6. Paste this little square onto the icon:
7. The reduced to 25x25 px file paste onto the square:
8. It's done. You can adjust the colours if you like or add a texture.
Other examples of this tutorial:
♥ Comments are love
♥ Feel free to JOIN ME or WATCH ME to see the updates.